Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Re-beginnings

Haven't written in a while- I was half trying to make the most of my time at home, and half just enjoying doing absolutely nothing before I came back to all the exams, essays and stress of the last semester of the year. But I'm back now, and into the swing of things (ish) so I have decided to dedicate this post to beginnings. Not so much new beginnings but re-beginnings, as in the kind of starting again we experience when we go back to something that we have actually been doing for a while.

Three days into Uni and my 'fresh start'/'turning over a new leaf' is going fairly well. We all experience this feeling regularly to change and improve ourselves- whether if be on a weekly, yearly or by-semester basis. Although people tend to be rather mocking of this 'you keep starting again though, doesn't mean you just keep failing', I do not believe there is any limit to the number of times we should attempt to make ourselves a better person. Surely one time it will work, or at least our new leaf will be turned over so many times that it will gradually become the norm? Therefore I do not believe I will ever be deterred from trying to improve myself or indeed end up giving up.

For me personally, my aims are mostly revolved around a better work ethic, also things like being healthier, being a more sympathetic person etc etc. Particular goals however are not overly relevant. Everyone has different things that the want to change about themselves at different points within their lives. The point is to believe that you do have the power to change it- after all, with whom else does it lie? The other key trick is to want it badly enough. Nothing worth having ever comes easily in life- if something could be gained without working towards it, everyone would have it. Motivation, for me at least, is the biggest thing that has been lacking from my life over the past few months, but finally hopefully I have got it back.

Therefore half a week into Uni and I feel like I have control over everything. Okay, so it may be just 3 weeks till my exams, but better late than never right?


No comments:

Post a Comment